Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Smoke photography

What is smoke photography? Smoke photography is basically taking a photos of a smoke simple as that. Nothing hard if you know what you are doing. Setup is very easy what you need is a smoke instrument like: insence which is the easiest way to shoot and after all smels nice, black cloth as background, small light source like a table lamp or flash light to hel your camera easier focus on a smoke, camera tripod and key elemnt is a flashgun with wrieless trigger. Use your additional room in the house on some coffe table or whatever you can find to set this on. Now, what I done is, I cut a 2 cardbords to build a barn door for my flashgun to get more directed light on to smoke it self and mounted them using a elastic band.. Now you are ready to go it is simple like eating an apple but final images can be stunning. You can use your hand to spread smoke and fill the frame so, go for it why wait?

I had done some smoke photography in the past and kind of like it. I had noticed that in some way ther is nearly no limitation regarding to editing this type of shoots. I started digging in my archivum images and upload this smoke photos I took some time a go on to my hdd and start to play with them. Here you can see the final result of some of my images. Hoply you will like it and if you have any question related to this subject just drop me a line and I will try to answear them if I can. To see more of this images pop in to my web site at http://www.peterdudekphotography.com/.

These one is just a simple shoot with an insence visibble on the image which adding a little bit more texture to the picture it self.

These ones are more interesting for me as they have some texture as well as shape and content. Abstract I would say in some dimension.

These ones are just inverted to show them on a white background and achieve different color texture as well as visiblle impact is a little bit different.

Any inf oabout these images just ask :].

No comments:

Post a Comment